- No categories
- Cornish mum says adopting was one of the best decisions she has madeAt the end of National Adoption Week a Cornish mum has said that adopting was one of the best things she has ever done. Debbie (not her real name) adopted her daughter ten years ago and with thanks from the Family Plus Team; she has seen her daughter flourish and become a confident young lady. […]
- Cornwall Council fact checks claims made by Nigel Farage at Camborne eventCornwall Council is urging the Government to share details of its plans to replace EU funding in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly like-for-like with a dedicated fund. Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly has received investment from the EU programme averaging around £60 million a year over the last 10 years, and the Council […]
- Help Cornwall’s NHS by planning for a safe and healthy October half-termIf you or a member of your family experience a minor injury or illness during the October half term holiday, don’t spend your time waiting in the emergency department - there are lots of different ways that you can access advice, support and treatments from the NHS. Here are some ways you or your family […]
- Illegal tobacco seller convicted after warrant is issued by magistratesPolice were forced to arrest an illegal tobacco seller and take him to court after he failed to appear before magistrates. Stephen Robert Seymour, 34, of The Glebe, Camborne, faced four charges brought by Cornwall Council’s Trading Standards in relation to the sale of illegal tobacco but failed to appear at Truro Magistrates Court in […]
- Help us put a roof over the head of someone threatened with homelessnessWe’re calling on landlords and accommodation providers to help us help residents who find themselves threatened with homelessness and in need of short term furnished accommodation. We’re looking for suitable homes throughout Cornwall to be used as temporary accommodation for residents who find themselves in housing need, in areas close to their networks of support, […]
- Help plant the Forest for Cornwall and fight climate changeResidents, community groups, businesses and schools are being invited to get involved in planting Cornwall Council’s flagship climate emergency project the Forest for Cornwall. The ambitious programme to cover 8,000 hectares of land across Cornwall with carbon-absorbing woodlands and forests will be officially launched next month during National Tree Week. The event will be supported […]
- Cornwall Council supports The Eden Project’s drive towards clean energyCornwall Council has stepped in as a key investor in a pioneering geothermal heat and power project at the Eden Project. After a ten-year campaign to bring the clean, green technology to Cornwall, the project and their partners, EGS Energy Limited, said that the funding will enable them to start drilling their first well on […]
- Residents urged to say no to driveway repairs after gang is spotted in NewquayCornwall Council Trading Standards has issued a warning this morning following reports of a gang offering driveway repairs or replacement at homes in the Newquay area this week. Reports suggest that the gang is pretending to be an established business and is offering 10 year guarantees on their work – in fact, the gang will […]
- Council publishes Cornwall’s Road Safety StrategyThe Council has published a Casualty Reduction Strategy which sets out a 2 year action plan where partners including Cornwall Council, Highways England, Devon and Cornwall Police, the South West Ambulance Service Foundation Trust, Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and other road safety agencies, work together to address the number of serious collisions […]
- ‘Don’t give up giving up’ is the message to all of those doing Stoptober this yearIt’s halfway through Stoptober already and many people across Cornwall have been working hard to give up tobacco products. This year, Cornwall Council’s Public Health team have been asking people to think about their motivation for quitting, be that for themselves or a loved one to try to keep their focus on giving up tobacco […]
Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Newquay Tide Times for 19th October 2019Tide Times & Heights for Newquay on 19th October 201902:55 - Low Tide (1.61m)08:49 - High Tide (6.38m)15:15 - Low Tide (1.81m)21:14 - High Tide (6.16m)