- Clifton Lodge Hotel High Wycombe BucksClifton Lodge Hotel 210 West Wycombe Road High Wycombe Bucks HP12 3AR or telephone direct FREE PARKING Tel 01494 440095 Booking Online Tags: hotelhigh wycombeb&bparking
- Local ChipsAdvertise your business or list your products to sale http://www.localchips.co.uk Tags: Free Advertising
- Book UK HotelsBook hotels a website where you can book bargain hotels http://www.bookukhotels.co.uk Tags: bookhotels
- UK News BBC News Feed: Harry and Meghan arrive in Australia on first official tour
- UK News BBC News Feed: Sex abuse leaflets 'won't protect a soul'
- UK News BBC News Feed: Brexit: UK can still make progress in talks - Downing Street
- UK News BBC News Feed: 'The water literally washes the anxiety away'
- UK News BBC News Feed: The puzzle of the people least likely to vote Tory
- UK News BBC News Feed: New DNA evidence found in 1998 Lyn Bryant murder case
- UK News BBC News Feed: Elvis Costello revives an old friend on his new album Look Now
- UK News BBC News Feed: 'Miss M' sued the man who raped her for damages
- UK News BBC News Feed: UK steps towards zero-carbon economy
- UK News BBC News Feed: Royal Mail staff claim their shares were sabotaged
- Cornwall Council News feed: Rogue traders and doorstep sellers across the country targeted in a UK wide week of action
- Cornwall Council News feed: Event shows how robots could support the future of care in Cornwall
- Cornwall Council News feed: Childhood obesity rates in Cornwall improving
- Cornwall Council News feed: Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly urges people to consider adoption
- Cornwall Council News feed: Deadline for secondary school applications
- Cornwall Council News feed: Early action to reduce homelessness
- Cornwall Council News feed: Parking charges
- Cornwall Council News feed: This #HousingDay families with a local connection celebrate moving into Cornwall Council homes
- Cornwall Council News feed: Aerohub Business Park Workspace Scheme Reaches Major Milestone
- Cornwall Council News feed: Quick wins helping people get back on their feet faster
- Serious injuries RTC - Rifford Road, ExeterTex At 10:26 hours on Sunday 14th October 2018, Police were notified of a two vehicle road traffic collision on Rifford Road, Exeter. The collision involved a car and a motorcycle (OSGR 294621, 091926). A 21 year old local man was riding the motorcycle and a 30 year old man was driving the car. The […]
- Fatal RTC - South MoltonText At 15:16 hours on Sunday 14th October 2018, Police were notified of a single vehicle road traffic collision on the B3227 between South Molton and Bish Mill. The vehicle had gone through a hedge and had landed in a field below. (OSGR 272447, 125784). The incident involved a 74 year old local female. The […]
- Missing person - Catherine Yearsley 50yrs oldPolice are concerned for the welfare of Catherine Yearsley, a 50 yr old woman who is missing from her home address in Ilfracombe. She is believed to be a driving a blue Landrover Freelander, GF03 PDV. Catherine is described as being approximately 5'11'', of stocky build with shoulder length brown hair with blonde highlights. If you […]
- Serious RTC - A30 Hayle bypass CornwallText At about 10.50 AM in the morning of Sunday 14th October 2018 a three vehicle Road Traffic Collision occurred on the A30 Hayle Bypass between St Erth and Loggans Moor Roundabout. All three vehicles were travelling in the general direction of St Erth towards Loggans, therefore east bound. The driver of a black Ford […]
- Fallen power cable closes A38 near IvybridgeThe A38 will be closed in both directions near Ivybridge for the next few hours due to a fallen power line on the carriageway. Police were called at 4.10pm today [12 October] to reports that the cable was down on the carriageway just past the Wrangaton junction. Police warn that the road is due to […]
- Man jailed following vicious Tiverton attackA man has been jailed today at Exeter Crown Court [Friday 12 October] following a vicious attack in Tiverton, where the victim was sprayed in the face with ammonia. Peter Milne, aged 39 from Tiverton was jailed for nine years and four months for the attack that took place on Phoenix Lane in Tiverton on […]
- Fatal collision, near HonitonPolice were called at 10.30pm last night [11 Oct] following reports of a single vehicle collision on the A35 near Wilmington. Emergency services attended the scene where a Honda had made contact with another vehicle before leaving the road and coming to stop in a ditch. The driver, a 19-year-old man, sustained life-threatening injuries as […]
- Police launch hate crime campaignDevon and Cornwall Police is today launching a campaign in support of National Hate Crime Awareness Week (13th to 20th October, 2018). The campaign will support a number of events that are taking place across the region to celebrate the work that is being undertaken by our communities in our efforts to make the two […]
- Body Worn Video to be launched across Dorset Police and Devon and Cornwall PoliceA joint project between Dorset Police and Devon and Cornwall Police to equip officers with a body worn video (BWV) launched on the 8 October. BWV is a small camera attached to officers allowing them to record incidents and encounters when necessary. The motivation for the introduction of BWV has always been for evidential reasons […]
- Fatal collision, TorquayA man has died following a single vehicle collision in Torquay this morning [11 Oct] Police were notified of the incident that happened on Falkland Road, just after 3.30am. The three occupants of the vehicle were all treated at the scene. The driver of the car was taken to Torbay district Hospital to be treated […]
Monthly Archives: June 2016
Published 11th June 2016 | By admin
Published 11th June 2016 | By admin
Published 10th June 2016 | By admin
Clifton Lodge Hotel
Published 9th June 2016 | By admin
- New DNA evidence found in 1998 Lyn Bryant murder caseLyn Bryant was walking the family dog when she was brutally murdered in a country lane.
- Flooding leaves 6ft hole in Teignmouth railway trackThe line is closed and a replacement bus service is in place while emergency repairs are carried out.
- Family engulfed by huge wave on Penzance seafrontPolice urge the public not to take risks as 28 flood alerts remain in place across England.
- Storm Callum: Man dies in Brighton as cars crushed in CornwallThe man was swept into the sea in Brighton while 17 flood alerts are in place in Devon and Cornwall.
- Storm Callum: Flood defences fail and homes without powerHomes are left without power, trees block rural roads and flood defences fail in the stormy weather.
- Youth Olympic Games 2018: Finn Hawkins & Amelie Morgan win GB's first individual medalsFinn Hawkins wins Team GB's first individual medal of the 2018 Youth Olympics with windsurfing bronze, before Amelie Morgan wins all-around gymnastics silver.
- Leigh Robinson: Truro City months away from being fit enoughTruro City boss Leigh Robinson says it will take until Christmas for his side to be up to his standards of fitness.
- Plane crashed in field 'after bang and vibration on board'The four-seater light aircraft came down close to a garage near St Agnes in Cornwall.
- Man dies after being hit by car in Wadebridge street crashA man died after being hit by a car which then crashed into a house.
- Woman 'starved pet dog to death'Linda Cooper claimed she did not have enough money to take her Staffordshire bull terrier to the vets.
- Rogue traders and doorstep sellers across the country targeted in a UK wide week of actionMembers of Cornwall Council’s Trading Standards team have spent the past week targeting rogue traders in attempt to disrupt their activities and promote awareness of the financial harm and misery they can bring. It is the 13th year in a row that the team have joined forces with other agencies to help raise awareness of […]
- Event shows how robots could support the future of care in CornwallVirtual reality and mobile apps are just some of the technology already being used to help people age well. Hundreds of social care experts, including those from Cornwall Council, came together at Technology Enabled Care event hosted by Cornwall Council and the Shaping Our Future programme held at New County Hall in Truro, on 9 […]
- Childhood obesity rates in Cornwall improvingThe number of children in Cornwall who are overweight has dropped this year according to statistics released this week. The data is taken from the National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP), which records the weight of children in reception year (aged 4-5 years) and year 6 (aged 10-11 years) in schools across the country. In some […]
- Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly urges people to consider adoptionOn the eve of National Adoption Week (15-21 October), more people are being urged to consider adoption, with around 40 children a year in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly needing permanent homes. Cornwall Council and the Council of the Isles of Scilly Adoption Agency say children who require adoptive parents could have suffered from […]
- Deadline for secondary school applicationsTime is running out for parents to apply for secondary school places for their children. The application deadline for secondary places is 31 October. Cornwall Council is urging families to submit application forms by this date to give children the best possible chance of being placed at a preferred school. Parents who miss the application […]
- Early action to reduce homelessnessA new referral system to help people facing homelessness has been introduced in Cornwall. Seventeen referrals for people threatened with homelessness or who are homeless have already been made thanks to the introduction of the ALERT referral system, run by Cornwall Council and Cornwall Housing. The new system enables organisations like Jobcentre Plus, Social Services, […]
- Parking chargesFollowing recent reports about parking charges in Cornwall ahead of the Economic Growth and Development Overview and Scrutiny Committee on 16 October, Cornwall Council cabinet portfolio holder for transport Geoff Brown said: “I want to assure everyone that these are not proposed new charges but were simply produced to give the committee an indication of […]
- This #HousingDay families with a local connection celebrate moving into Cornwall Council homesFamilies have moved into new homes in Dobwalls which have been bought by the Council as part of its commitment to provide 1,000 new homes. Seven new homes at Penhale Close in Dobwalls have been bought by the Council from Wainhomes to add to Cornwall Housing’s stock of social housing. They have been let to […]
- Aerohub Business Park Workspace Scheme Reaches Major MilestoneConstruction of Cornwall Council’s flagship development at the Aerohub Business Park at Cornwall Airport Newquay has marked a major milestone towards its completion with a topping out ceremony. The development, part of Cornwall Council’s commitment to secure 38,000 new jobs on council land by 2030, is supported by £4.4m of investment from the European Regional […]
- Quick wins helping people get back on their feet fasterWork to transform adult social care services is delivering some early wins, with a trial project getting people back on their feet as quickly as possible and freeing up services for others. STEPS, Cornwall Council’s reablement service aims to support people to get mobile and live independently in their own homes, enabling people to age […]
- Government have got immigration wrongWe need workers for Care Homes, Hostels, Restaurants, Hotels English people are reluctant to work in these sectors The governments plan is to ensure there are no immigrants for these sectors. Once they do that these companies will have to reduce their services or close. No Hope for us Tags: immigration
- MPs still don't have the answers to BrexitLet the people have a second referendum. The questions to ask is "Stay In or Out" (Maybe using the same terms as a Norway or Canadian solution) We have got fed up of years of weak discussions and uncertainties that are creating a poor economy. The government is also not focusing on the real problems […]
- Brexit Cabinet Paper is a weak compromiseThe time is coming for The Government to admit it is unable to sort Brexit out. It has cost us money and time and they are no further forward. They are getting stuck into a black hole. We can only now give it back to the voter to decide. Leave without a deal or stay […]
- Why Focus on Africa and not EuropeOur trade with Europe is hundreds of Billions. Why is The Government having a trade mission to Africa. Our trade with them is less than 10 Billion. Why are we pushing a Cabinet Brexit document to the EU that does not improve our chances of promoting trade to America. Why is the government focusing on […]
- Brexit is still a mess. ANOTHER REFERENDUM PLEASEThe EU and Government cant get it together. The people need to act again. They now have better information. We are all beginning to realize we voted for something that cant work. Nobody can make their minds up. Its costing the country millions in loss trade research and development. The government are in turmoil The […]
- Does online social Media such as Facebook need controllingIt is time we all realized we are wasting our time and life using social media. Some people do not have the understanding of it and what it is doing to them. Children should be banned from using it until at least aged 18. Most children cant handle it and are getting abused using it. […]
- People’s Vote campaignPRESS RELEASE Home News Launch of the new national People’s Vote campaign https://www.open-britain.co.uk/ Post published: April 15, 2018 After the biggest ever Day of Action by anti-Brexit campaigners on Saturday, with over 300 events across the country, today [Sunday] sees the national launch of the campaign for a People’s Vote on the final Brexit deal. […]
- Brexit-We have no chance in sorting this outThe government and the country is clearly split on Brexit. We are therefore struggling to sort out an agreement with The EU.. This will not be good for The UK or The EU. So where do we go. The financial data appears to show. If we leave there is not much to gain. Plus it […]
- Second Referendum is our only hopeThe Election failed to show us any way forward.We are now in a worse situation. We have to reconsider our situation and ask the public to reconsider their situation NOW before we negotiate with the EU We need to have another referendum. We also need to state on the voting document If we vote out […]
- Brexit is still not looking wellThe government seem to be doing what governments are good at. Do every thing the population do not want. Most people probably voted out because the EU would not listen and would not put some control over immigration. I say control I do not mean preventing or creating state registers. I agree Human rights also […]
- Football: Gossip: Hazard would not force Real Madrid move
- Football: I don't understand why league started so early - Southgate on 'lack of freshness'
- Sports Front Page: World Cup players lacking freshness - Southgate
- Golf: Returning Donald 'inspired' by Ryder Cup role
- Rugby League: Sam Tomkins: Catalans signing says it is a 'good time' for him to leave champions Wigan
- Sports Front Page: Seahawks thrash Raiders at Wembley - highlights & report
- Sports Front Page: Highlights: Oakland Raiders 3-27 Seattle Seahawks
- Football: Poland 0-1 Italy: Visitors leave it late to claim victory
- Sports Front Page: Del Potro could miss rest of season with fractured kneecap
- Tennis: Del Potro could miss rest of season with fractured kneecap
- Nalders SolicitorsWith more than 225 years experience Nalders is committed to providing a quality legal service to each and every one of our clients. http://www.nalders.co.uk/ Truro Office Tel: 01872 241414, Fax: (01872) 242424
- Clifton Lodge Hotel High Wycombe BucksClifton Lodge Hotel High Wycombe Bucks Tel 01494 440095 www.cliftonlodgehotel.co.uk